Saturday, August 3, 2013

Old habits are like rabbits... -- Morrigan

No, they don't populate everywhere. Goodness, where was your mind going! Anyway, old habits sometimes pop up out of no where when you least expect them. For me, it's writing on our blog. We put it aside for a while as our external life started picking up speed. We got a good factory job, made a lot of new friends, and, very recently, we even landed a promotion! Now instead of working on the line making parts, we are responsible for the line. 

Now I'm finding with our stress levels going up, I'm falling back on old (and healthy!) coping skills, such as writing. Honestly, I've missed it more than I thought I had. But when I went to write on our blog, A World of Alters, I felt as though we had out grown it. As though it wasn't "home" any more. Then I read the purpose statement of the blog and realized that we have indeed grown out of it! That blog was for understanding our inside world, not the outside. Our struggles were reactions to internal stress and events, not external. The reason I wanted to write did not fit that purpose statement at all. So I created this blog. 

The purpose of We Chose Harmony is to work out our struggles as we work towards our goal, which is all of us working together to live a healthy and awesome life. Or, Harmony, for short. 

I actually wanted to start writing about what is currently going on, but, as it is 3am, I am going to have to wait. As a preview (and as a reminder to myself), what is currently going on: learning to be in a management role, understanding that harmony has to begin now, and why is something feeling not quite right?

Morrigan

No comments:

Post a Comment